Yoga Therapy to Treat Specific Health Concerns and Dis-ease
Dis-ease in the body is an opportunity for us to recognize that we are out of balance and begin to make wellness and self-care a priority. A chance to bring the mind, body, and emotions back into balance. Yoga therapy uses tools of yoga to address specific health concerns and a holistic approach to healing that supports each person based on their individual needs.
- Digestive Issues
- Reproductive Concerns
- Menstruation Concerns
- Back Pain
- Auto-immune disorders
Practices include tools of yoga: postures, breathing, sound, and visualization in carefully chosen ways to support healing. Yoga therapy practices affect multiple layers of the body-breath-mind-personality-emotional system. See Yoga, the Whole System.
Personalized Yoga Therapy Sessions
Yoga therapy begins with a 90-minute consultation. The client is given a custom-designed practice to improve overall health and wellness and address specific conditions or health concerns. Four to six sessions are recommended for students to begin healing through a yoga practice that supports health, wellness, and healing. Practices progress over time and complement western medical and alternative healing modalities.
What to Expect in a 90-minute Consultation
- Perform an intake of health and wellness.
- Perform a posture, strength, and flexibility assessment.
- Listen to client health and wellness goals.
- Teach an experiential yoga class.
- Active relaxation.
- Prepare a plan for a healing home practice to address specific health concerns.
Benefits of Yoga Therapy
- Helps improve physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
- Manages, reduces or eliminates stress and anxiety to support healing.
- Supports self-awareness and shift’s one’s relationship to dis-ease.